STEP BY STEP EASY GUIDE TOO START A BLOG
If you have ever wondered how to start a blog, you are in luck because that is exactly what I am going to show you today.
20 minutes is all you need to start a blog, and you DON’T need any knowledge of HTML, coding, or graphics design. When you decide to start a blog, and begin to look into everything involved, you may become frustrated or overwhelmed. The best thing to do is start fresh and break up the steps into a more manageable process.
Blogging is quickly becoming one of the best and most popular outlets of communication. A blog allows you to share information, share ideas and spread knowledge to a large audience of people and you can customize your blog in any way you see fit in order to become noticed and gain popularity in the niche of your choosing.
Blogging allows you to become a better writer, a better person, and you can even make money in the process if you follow all the steps and dedicate your time and resources to your success.
I will walk you through the whole process in a moment, but first, let me tell you my story…
Four years ago, I didn’t know the slightest thing about how to start a blog. Greatly excited by the prospect of creating a blog of my own, I went ahead to register my first blog domain name.
Then, I became confused. I didn’t know what to do next. I struggled for 18 days, invested time and energy to understand the new “blog,” checking Google for stuff like “how to create blog” without grasping anything.
Everything I found seemed technical. I got frustrated.
In despair, I abandoned the new blog domain name for… 6 months.
Then, I went back to the previous domain name, having eventually learnt that I needed not just a domain name, but also a hosting account to open a blog.
So… I started my first blog and struggled with each step because I had no one to guide me. You can set up a blog in 20 minutes, but it took me six months the first time out.
Over the years, I’ve learnt a lot about blogging, and I’ve set up many successful blogs for myself. I’ve also shown thousands of people how to create a blog of their own, by themselves. I know what best practices to use and the mistakes to avoid.
I want to help you avoid all the pains I endured.
Benjamin Franklin said, and true are his words:
Starting a blog in 7 steps
Step 1: Know WHY you want to start a blog
When you know your destination, finding your direction becomes easier, right?
People start blogs for different reasons. Today, blogging is a great way to:
- Become a better person. Blogging helps you think clearer, communicate with intentionality and build your creative flair.
- Improve your writing. Writing proficiency comes with regular practice and starting a blog helps you write regularly
- Make your voice heard. Gone are the days when only powerful politicians and wealthy people in business could air their views. Now, you, too, can!
- Make a difference. Do you want to help people take control of their personal finance? Start your own blog. You wish people would exercise more, make healthier meals and rest better? Start a blog.
- Get published. The world is changing, and traditional publishers are falling into irrelevance. Smart authors now make a blog, build a loyal audience and publish their works. This approach works always.
- Make money. It takes time and commitment, but people make real money from blogs. I’ve made tens of thousands of dollars myself from blogging. And many folks I have taught how to open a blog are doing fine too.
If you’re still undecided, see 34 Reasons Why You Should Start A Blog. (opens in a new tab)
You can start a cool blog for any or all of the above purposes. Just use this simple guide, and you will see how easy it is.
Step 2: Decide WHAT your blog will focus on
People start different classes of blogs.
Travel blogs. Vegetarian blogs. Romance blogs. Writing blogs. Marketing blogs. Political blogs. Religion blogs. Fashion blogs. Photography blogs.
So… what type of blog should you start?
What will be the focus or theme of your blog? This theme is called a niche –– and you should have one.
The best is to choose a niche you are passionate about. Blogging is to be enjoyed. You know, there’s fulfillment in connecting with others and providing helpful information. You’ll blogging content. WordPress Sharing allows you to share your content to social networks and also gives you stats right in WordPress.
You can include buttons on the bottom page of your blog to allow sharing across social networks, and you can also customize these sharing options on WordPress. If you have a self-hosted WordPress.org website, then you can use the Jetpack plugin for these sharing functions.